This whole shelter-in-place business has been a real game changer. Still, these must-try beard styles can help you make the best of a hairy situation.
With most salons and barbershops closed on account of the coronavirus, beards and buzzcuts have never been more popular. Celebs are leading the charge, buzzing themselves bald and letting their facial hair flow while quarantined.
Here’s a few beard styles to try that will enhance your grow out season.
The Classic Beard
You can’t beat a classic. This is the goldilocks of facial hair: not too long, not too short, not too full, but just right. The more coiffed you are up top, the better this one-size-fits-all beard will be.
The Circle Beard
If you love your length but are starting to feel a bit too Merlin-y, try adding some shape to your beard. A rounded bottom beard is easy to sculpt yourself with the right scissors. Simply start at the corners and gradually work your sheers in an arch, leaving the longest part just below your chin. This instant refinement is perfect for a virtual meeting with the boss or an at home date.
The Three-Day Stubble
This au naturel style beard is a low maintenance look almost anyone can pull off. Perfect for those who struggle to grow copious amounts of facial hair or simply don’t want to make the time to trim every day.
Bald head. Big beard. You can bet this COVID fashion statement will be inextricably linked with these turbulent times. But hey, it works!
The Lined Up Beard
You a clean-lines kind of guy? This is your beard style. It’s a geometry-lovers dream with clean cheeks, etched lines, and a well-groomed overall feel.
The Box Beard
‘Tis the season for short beards, too. With its boxy bottom and narrow expanse, this shorter beard is a refined way to shape your face fur without overheating.
A signature ‘stache is always in style. Pair it with a full beard and you have a statement look that’s as memorable as your mustache. (To create this look, don’t forget the mustache wax.) When it gets too cumbersome, shave your beard down to stubble and enjoy a trendy beardstache!
Before you go, don’t forget to take care of your beard…
6 Step Beard Care
Remember that just like the hair on your head (if you haven’t buzzed it already) your beard needs a little routine TLC to keep it healthy.
Follow these six steps at minimum:
- Disinfect. It’s probably the most used word of 2020, and it applies to your beard too. Between food and cough particles, a dab of antibacterial balm is a good idea to keep your face ‘fro sanitized.
- Wash. Make sure you lather up 2-3 times a week with a beard-specific shampoo.
- Condition. After you wash it, condition it. Use beard conditioners sparingly if you have extra oily skin.
- Oil. A daily dose of beard oil will keep your locks manageable and smelling great. Choose one with natural oils like argan, grape seed, jojoba, or hemp as the first ingredient.
- Brush. Be sure to run a brush through your beard at least once a day. If needed, you can use a beard comb more frequently to maintain a stylized cut.
- Trim. You can keep your beard style looking fresh with a quick trim every 3 or so weeks. If you’re intentionally trying to grow it out, extend trims to every 6-8 weeks.
We can’t wait to see what beards and broomstaches emerge once we don’t have to social distance ourselves. For now, tell us – which styles are starting to grow on you?