Wondering how those gorgeous balayages are achieved? Here’s my Tip of the Week:
– Begin with a clarifying treatment on your hair to ensure all the build up is removed before applying colour. I suggest doing this within 24 hours prior to your colour application. This will help the colour to take more easily.
– Always start with a professional colour line that has specialized dye pigments, gentle alkalizers and protective oxidizers that work together ensuring the colour is vibrant and the hair is healthy. HINT: My favorite line is COLOURS by Gina.
– Make sure to have a professional stylist provide this service. Colour application requires knowledge of the science and processing times as well as utilization of the proper technique to achieve a desired look.
– Depending on how dark your hair is, it may need to be pre-lightened. Discuss with your stylist if the process will require more than one appointment.
– Make sure to consult with your hairstylist regarding the right shade for your skin tone.
– To maintain our new look, always use a good professional wetline that is sulfate free and packed with biotin, collagen, and B Vitamins. I recommend Pure BioGen Complex.