Want to make sure your hair color last longer? Here are a few steps that I recommend:
- Make sure to always select a professional wetline.
- Check to ensure that the line you select is sulfate free.
- Healthy hair absorbs color more easily so make sure to pick a line that promotes hair health. (Hint: Look for the following ingredients: biotin, collagen, and B vitamins).
- Prior to coloring your hair, make sure to use a clarifying shampoo on the hair to remove excess build up that may reduce the effects of the color application.
- When discoloration of shampoo takes place and it no longer performs as it once did, it is time to remove it from your shelves.
- Keep an eye on the expiration dates and know they are there for a reason.
- If your scalp becomes itchy or irritated after using a shampoo, it has likely gone bad and it’s time to get rid of it.