Beauty Expert & Phenix Salon Suites Founder, Gina Rivera’s Tip of the Week:
Want to create a great pin curl for a fun holiday look. Here’s some tips for getting a great look.
- Start with second day hair that has some styling product already in it.
- Separate hair into one -inch sections.
- Take each section of hair and dampen with water, then wrap strands starting at ends around two fingers rolling towards scalp.
- Roll all curls in the same direction
- Remove fingers and secure curl with bobby pins in an x-formation to the scalp.
- Allow hair to dry completely and then, remove the bobby pins.
- Style using fingers. For larger curls, use a vent brush to gently comb through.
- Do not over style.
- Finish with CLUTCH hairspray for the perfect hold that allows movement.
Beauty Icon and Expert
Gina Rivera skyrocketed to success when the company she founded in 2007, Phenix Salon Suites, became the fastest-growing salon suite company in the beauty industry. With more than 300 locations nationally and international expansion occurring in the UK, Entrepreneur Magazine named Phenix Salon Suites a Top 500 Franchise list seven years running.