Social distancing is the new black. But whether scheduling conference calls with the office or FaceTiming with family, clients still want to look presentable. And let’s be real, doing so might also help us all stay buoyant and feel better in these uncertain times.
Some may be asking, “Is it safe to go to my hair stylist?”
For now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention haven’t issued specific guidance on whether it’s safe to get your haircut or nails done. However, everyone should be taking social distancing seriously, avoiding crowds of 10 or more and keeping a 6-foot distance from anyone you don’t live with.
Looking to reassure your clients? Let them know their health and safety is the most important thing to you right now:
- Share any enhanced cleaning measures you’re using to keep your salon safe
- Distance your work stations at least 6 feet apart if you’re not in a standalone suite
- Discuss the possibility of making house calls
- Take the temperature of anyone entering the salon, including your own
- Wear any protective clothing or masks you have and offer them the same
If you live in a state that is recommending everyone shelter-in-place, here are some ways clients can still help their hairdresser or favorite salon:
- Don’t simply cancel, postpone appointments for a future date
- Prepay for any services you usually get, like regular root touchups
- Tip in advance
- Buy salon gift cards
- Set up appointments for online consultations
- Leave positive social media reviews and tag selfies accordingly
- Stock up on any salon products (it may be a while so buy in bulk!)
Are salons a non-essential business? That’s up for some serious debate! Currently, in the United States there are OVER 1,000,000 Independent Lifestyle Professionals that represent an estimated $50 Billion in revenue A YEAR!
To us, this community of professionals called “The Business of One” is a deeply essential part of our lives. And we’ll do everything we can to make sure they stay safe, well, and able to make money doing what they love.
CLICK HERE AND TELL US YOUR STORY OF HOW COVID-19 HAS AFFECTED YOUR BUSINESS SO GINA RIVERA CAN FIGHT FOR YOU, SHORT TERM LOANS, AND RELIEF PROGRAMS FOR YOUR BUSINESSES IN DC!
Make sure to hashtag – #BusinessOfOne