Are you wondering what the buzz is about apple cider vinegar and if it’s good for your hair? Here’s what I recommend:
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as clarifier to remove residue from products and the environment that build up on the hair and scalp.
- Combine one part apple cider vinegar and five parts water. Use as a rinse after shampooing. Check with your stylist before using as those with a sensitive scalp may need to dilute more. (Hint: Apply the mixture with a spray bottle or pour it directly onto your hair. Allow it to sit for around three to five minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Then, condition as normal.)
- Apple cider vinegar helps exfoliate scalp skin, which can help with dandruff and reduce dry itchy scalp.
- Those with skin disorders, skin abrasions or hypersensitive scalp should avoid apple cider vinegar as it may promote further skin irritation.
- Always consult with your stylist before starting a new clarification regimen.
Beauty Icon and Expert
Gina Rivera skyrocketed to success when the company she founded in 2007, Phenix Salon Suites, became the fastest-growing salon suite company in the beauty industry. With more than 300 locations nationally and international expansion occurring in the UK, Entrepreneur Magazine named Phenix Salon Suites a Top 500 Franchise list seven years running.