As we age, the way we maintain and take care of our hair often needs to be modified for the best results. Here’s a few things that I recommend for aging beauties when it comes to hair care:
- Stop with the daily wash to avoid drying out the hair. Natural oils tend to lessen with age so you want to maintain some of them.
- Keep your hair well-moisturized. Hair tends to lose some of it’s natural shine due to a decline in the natural oils generated by the scalp. Moisturizing can help with shine and movement.
- Don’t assume you have to go short. Nowadays, any length for any age is the rule.
- Embrace your natural texture meaning go curly if you have curls. Contrary, wear your hair straight if it’s naturally straight. This will help you to avoid over styling which lends itself to drying the hair out.
- Embrace your grays. Never before has gray been so fashionable. Don’t be afraid to capitalize on this trend.
- Enjoy your age. Remember, every age offers new opportunities.