These days, a business without an app is like a printer without paper. Some 90% of organizations in every imaginable industry use them. Businesses in the B2C service industry, like spas and salons, find them essential for everything from scheduling and invoicing to branding and customer service.
According to IT leaders like P5 Infosoft, “As per the latest mobile app development statistics, the worldwide revenue through mobile applications in 2020 touched $581.9 Billion! This figure is estimated to reach $808.7 Billion by 2022.”
So what’s with the exponential growth of mobile apps and how can your beauty business get a cut (pun intended)?
Mind-Bending Mobile App Statistics
With global app revenues in the billions, you know there’s something behind these tech tools. But let’s take a closer look at how these figures break down.
- Around 70% of the 1.2 million professionals in the United States, including stylists, hairdressers, and cosmetologists, began selling themselves through mobile applications last year.
- 45% of beauty shoppers agree that their mobile device is becoming their most important shopping tool.
- Businesses worldwide spent more than $111 billion on app creation in 2020, jumping 30% since 2019.
- When comparing mobile app vs mobile website statistics, 85% of consumers prefer native apps to mobile websites.
- Mobile apps have much higher engagement rates than mobile-optimized websites or desktop web viewing, and 100-300% higher conversion rates.
- The average consumer spends nearly 3 hours in apps per day.
- The average person uses 9 mobile apps per day and 30 apps per month.
- Mobile app download stats show they’re up by 23.3% since the COVID-19 pandemic.
- App user statistics show 48% of people admit an app helps determine brand credibility.
- Mobile apps account for 70% of all digital media time.
Meet the Gina’s Platform Business App
We could share mobile app statistics until we’re blue in the face, but it still wouldn’t be enough to prepare you for how much this one decision could change the way you do business.
Imagine the next level service you could provide with a free mobile app designed for both you and your clients to communicate, schedule, and pay invoices. Depending on your needs you could also build out an individual website where clients can set up or request an appointment, see a portfolio of your work, and get to know you on a personal level.
The two work together like shampoo and conditioner. Pair the Gina’s Platform app with a customizable website that’s tailored to your brand, and you can cover all your bases, growing your business, attracting new high-paying clients, and solidifying your customer service without taking on additional stress.
Here’s a look at what Gina’s App offers that other beauty business apps lack:
- In-app texting
- Built-in industry content and articles
- Lead generation
- Inventory management
- Telehealth benefits
- Updated COVID-19 info
- Hybrid podcast
Business App FAQ
Still have questions? Of course you do. You are used to working with people and building relationships with your clients, not building apps.
Raise your hand if any of these sound familiar:
These mobile app industry statistics are compelling, but putting them into action is what will really have you convinced. Don’t want to grow your beauty business next year? Keep doing what you’re doing. For everyone else, sign up to get started and make this your best year yet.
Beauty Icon and Expert
Gina Rivera skyrocketed to success when the company she founded in 2007, Phenix Salon Suites, became the fastest-growing salon suite company in the beauty industry. With more than 300 locations nationally and international expansion occurring in the UK, Entrepreneur Magazine named Phenix Salon Suites a Top 500 Franchise list seven years running.