Major hair looks are fun… until you find yourself sitting and spending in an appointment chair way too long or far too frequently. Think platinum-dyed buzzcuts that require a twice-monthly tune-up, or razor-sharp bobs that start giving you grief after a few weeks. Choosing a low-maintenance haircut this season will let you enjoy summer fun without worrying about penciling in an appointment. Check out these favorite of-the-moment, low-maintenance hairstyles.
Apple cider vinegar is having a moment when it comes to health and wellness trends. While many people are all over it for its purported benefits to help with everything from your blood sugar to bloating and acid reflux, it’s also making the rounds in the beauty world for what it can supposedly do to boost the health and appearance of your hair. Experts actually are backing up this claim, even recommending DIY solutions and products on the market to help reveal stronger, shinier hair.
Here, a hairstylist and a dermatologist break it all down.
Gina Rivera shares her early lessons of entrepreneurship and how her early life challenges inspired her to help others. Listen in as Gina and Jennifer discuss entrepreneurship in the beauty industry, how she helps others build businesses based on their passions, and how new perspectives gave her own business a deeper meaning and greater world impact, here!
This year, regardless of the warmer season, we’re seeing all types of brunette shades heavily trending. No longer is this a shade for cool weather. If you’re considering brunette, here’s my tip for selecting the right shades:
- Always make sure to work with your salon professional who can assist with identifying the right shade for your skin tone.
- Taken into consideration both skin tone and eye color which will help to determine if you should go with warm or cool tones.
- For a more natural look, go no more than two shades away from your natural color.
- Consider how much dimension you would like (Hint: More dimension may require the use of multiple shades applied using different techniques).
- Discuss with your Salon Professional how much maintenance various shades will require and determine what works for your lifestyle.
- Have a wonderful time looking amazing!
What better way to celebrate the start of summer than with a fresh haircut? As the weather warms up, you may be dreaming of a shorter, breezier style to stay cool. Luckily, there are plenty of close-cropped options that will not only make you look more on trend than ever, but will also take years off of your face.
To discover the best short, flirty haircuts for older women to rock this summer, we checked in with hair stylist Gina Rivera, owner of Phenix Salon Suites. She pointed out two in particular that are perfect for looking and feeling younger than ever: read the details here!
Forget scrolling the internet, comparing your face shape to someone else’s, and trying to choose the haircut that will suit you best. Read on to learn about haircuts for square faces from the best of the best (AKA celebrity hairstylists) so you know what to ask for the next time your bum is in the salon chair, here!