Want to make sure your hair color last longer? Here are a few steps that I recommend:
- Make sure to always select a professional wetline.
- Check to ensure that the line you select is sulfate free.
- Healthy hair absorbs color more easily so make sure to pick a line that promotes hair health. (Hint: Look for the following ingredients: biotin, collagen, and B vitamins).
- Prior to coloring your hair, make sure to use a clarifying shampoo on the hair to remove excess build up that may reduce the effects of the color application.
- When discoloration of shampoo takes place and it no longer performs as it once did, it is time to remove it from your shelves.
- Keep an eye on the expiration dates and know they are there for a reason.
- If your scalp becomes itchy or irritated after using a shampoo, it has likely gone bad and it’s time to get rid of it.
Beauty Icon and Expert
Gina Rivera skyrocketed to success when the company she founded in 2007, Phenix Salon Suites, became the fastest-growing salon suite company in the beauty industry. With more than 300 locations nationally and international expansion occurring in the UK, Entrepreneur Magazine named Phenix Salon Suites a Top 500 Franchise list seven years running.